Tell Us Who You Are!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

My name is Gary and i have been studying a traditional style of Wing Chun for the past 20 years. In terms of the three hand forms, weapons (pole,knives) and dummy I have completed the system but obviously training and learning are ongoing. Look forward to reading some interesting posts.

Comment

• chriscrudelli
        chriscrudelli commented
        Editing a comment
        Great stuff! Welcome Gary! Humility is a trademark of mastery, nice one.

Comment

• chriscrudelli
        chriscrudelli commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Sean, welcome to the forum, glad to have you here and I can see you have extensive knowledge I hope you will add many posts and share with the growing group.
        Best wishes
        Chris

Hi all,

I am very happy to be here. Mostly I stay off of the internet but am honored to have been invited to this forum!

My name is Jeremy,

I have practiced Martial Arts for around 18 years give or take. I've trained Kukkiwon Taekwondo, some Kuk Sool, some Hapkido, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, Art of Pressure Fighting, Shaolin Kung Fu (Songshan Temple Shifu) Judo, BJJ, Taekkyeon and some FMA. I have kept Shaolin very close as well as TKD kicking. I am currently semi active in Taekkyon and BJJ and try to spar regularly with a sparring group of like minded folks.

I search for the connective tissue between the arts. I am amazed by structure, leverage, power and positioning and the ones I have met who can use and explain it much better then myself. I have little confidence in my abilities to use what I have learned with any sort of mastery but love it all and consider the journey to be life long. I believe Martial Arts training allows us to connect internally with the fundamentals of what it means to be human. I believe those who practice Martial Arts share a common understanding, a secret of sorts whose knowledge is not easy to impart, which can only be experienced with an open mind and open heart and eventually makes the practitioner a better human being

Thanks Chris and great to meet you all!

Comment

• chriscrudelli
        chriscrudelli commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome Jez! Good to meet you! Keep that open mind and share some stories with the growing group! Welcome!!!

Hi All. My name is Andrew. I'm a student of Sifu Chris Crudelli's 8 Winds Compass system and have been training the system for last 18 months. I also train the Etheric boxing system on the south coast which is a composite of western boxing, Yiquan and Wing chun. I've been training 10 years now having started out practicingTai Chi (Wudang Pai, WDP), in particular the Five animals. I still regularly practice qi qong and Tai Chi (needed for the healing).

Comment

• chriscrudelli
        chriscrudelli commented
        Editing a comment
        Crumple glad you could join us! Pls share your stories and invite any intelligent martialists you know to join us here

Hello all

My name is Seb and I have been a student of Sifu Chris Crudelli for the past 11 years, first in the ABC Combat System (in which I had the honour of becoming the first person to pass the black belt test) and now in Sifu's 8 Winds Compass Kung Fu system.

Prior to this, I started training in Shotokan Karate at the age of 12, I currently hold a 5th Dan grade in this style. I also train in a Japanese style of Jujitsu, which I hold a grade of 4th Dan.

I absolutely adore martial arts and love the concept of cross-training across these arts. Starting Jujitsu after gaining my 3rd Dan in Shotokan opened my eyes to a new way of thinking about my Karate training. Since then, I have looked for other arts that complement my current skill set and challenge my thinking on what I already know (or thought I knew!)

I have found much wisdom and knowledge in Sifu Crudelli's teachings, since I started training and eventually teaching under him. To now see him try to bring lots of like-minded people together in one forum to share knowledge and experiences has me very excited to be here!

Comment

• chriscrudelli
        chriscrudelli commented
        Editing a comment
        Yo Seb! Yea, but more importantly Can you tell us how to make chocolate beer. Or how you turned your Christmas tree into a tasty beverage

Tell us your name - Steve
      What art(s) you practice - Kung Fu Newbie
      How long you've been practicing - 6 hours
      Anything else you want to share - Be the rising tide that lifts all boats
      Post a picture if you're feeling lavish - Ok...

Comment

• chriscrudelli
        chriscrudelli commented
        Editing a comment
        And we shall all rise together

Tell us your name: Al/Ali?Alistair Clarke
      What art(s) you practice: Sifu Chris Crudelli's Kung Fu
      How long you've been practicing: 6 hours - but 20 mins each day.
      Anything else you want to share: A complete novice who is willing to learn and practice to get to a highly skilled and knowledgable

Post a picture if you're feeling lavish:

Comment

Comment

• chriscrudelli
        chriscrudelli commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Will! thanks for joining, we are very much looking forward to your insights on the ground out there. I was introduced to your show by a student and i love it, its brilliant, i highly recommend it!
        keep learning keep sharing and BTW does 'monkey steal the peach' mean 'grab their balls'?

• Jeremy
        Jeremy commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Will, I've seen some of your videos over the years! Super cool that you have been able to travel and experience training from different sources.

Last edited by Nick64; 06-02-2021, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Tell us your name - Danny
        What art(s) you practice - Huin Hak Sul, Taichi Quan
        How long you've been practicing - 8 years
        Anything else you want to share - Listen to your body​

Comment

Working...
        X