New Students

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Students

Yep our organisation is also struggling for numbers i think partially due to the above and partly because businesses spend a lot more time and money getting their name and services out there. We are more looking at how we initially reach out to people than amending teaching styles but we do have a separate grading syllabus for children which helps as can use shorter grading times to help encourage them.

Comment

We always seem to have a good retention rate in our club and currently have a lot of people on our free trials with almost all signing up as full time students

we use local FB pages and word of mouth from current students to advertise.

Comment

My son trained in judo under John and Ruth Goldman from age 5 to 14, at Devon Judo Centres.
        They have an amazing club, that always has full classes. They make it fun for the kids, and teach them so well.
        As they get older, typically to age 12-14 only a very few continue to study Judo.

I think the teenage lads all fancy doing MMA or muay thai as they get drawn to more of a combat thing with the onset of testosterone!
        I got him to try a few karate clubs but he wouldn't stick with it - said it was boring.
        I think every teenager would benefit from doing martial arts, but many don't have the staying power or the discipline.

In my university karate club we put on a demonstration at the freshers fair every year, and in the years I organised it we recruited 50-100 people, and about 30 remained in the class after drop-off.

My t'ai chi class can be quite busy, but everyone there is over 40, and quitea few are in their 70s.

Comment

Working...
        X