Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If time travel was possible

Morning Sifu ?

I would tell myself to take more chances and chase after my dreams, Instead of letting self doubt get in the way.
    And also to learn as much as possible, because there is always something new that we can learn.
    I would give myself this advice because some. If the things I am. Doing now I could have already been doing then with a little self belief and self discipline. Which at that time would have been a lot easier to commit to because I was single and without children so it would have been a lot easier at that time than it is now.
    It would have given me more knowledge of subjects to teach and would have helped me to turn my passion into my job and I would have been training and helping others a long time ago.
    Last edited by Mark Drake; 27-03-2020, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Comment

• chriscrudelli
      chriscrudelli commented
      Editing a comment
      So the advice would be exactly what you did already but just a bit earlier, shows me you are on the right path. Well as a happy man, you will probably live actively an extra 10 years so you still on target

Buy more toilet roll while you can!! ?.
    On a serious note i think my advice to myself would be to start martial arts training earlier. It has given me more focus and drive than ive had for a very long time (possibly ever). Through my late teens i could've done with having physical goals to aim for. I wonder if my life would've turned out differently at this stage if i had of got into martial arts before because i would'nt have been surrounded by negative people in a job i hated. I would've understood that there may have been a different path for me in my life. Which i am now starting to believe.

Comment

• chriscrudelli
      chriscrudelli commented
      Editing a comment
      When the fruit is ripe it drops to the ground and has a chance to grow into a new thing. Nature led you in a certain way at a certain time.

Comment

• chriscrudelli
      chriscrudelli commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Steve. Seems like you know what you need to do. Add discipline and structure to that desire and it comes alive. Structure like... every day for 30 mins I will meditate at sunrise. Discipline is doing it and sticking to it even when your mind gets busy.

Morning Sifu,

Lots to say on this but I will restrict it to one thing.

And that would be is that I would say to myself, is to not to worry what other people think and having self doubt.
    This would improve my life by being 'free' and not have that constant worry and feel like with what I am will be judged or 'wrong' by people.

Comment

• chriscrudelli
      chriscrudelli commented
      Editing a comment
      This is a heavy one for a lot of people. Thanks for sharing. Ultimately those in a position or with inclination to judge you ( assuming you are a good person which you are) are not worth caring too much about.

Morning Sifu,

It's so easy to regret not doing what you think you should have done 10 years earlier.

I wouldn't go and speak to my younger self 10 years ago, because I am where I am supposed to be right now. If I spoke to myself I could change the course of history and I would not be who I am now.

Namaste.

Comment

Nothing. My life has had ups and down. We have been through lots of heart ache. But quite simply I love my life. I love my family. I wouldn't want to change it.

Comment

• chriscrudelli
      chriscrudelli commented
      Editing a comment
      Life is a journey it is rarely even. Many hills.

This is a hard one as, after watching groundhog and the butterfly effect, you could end up going back to make a positive change yet make things much worse.

If i was to try, i think i would impart the emotional intelligence and open mindness i have learned, particuarly over the last couple of years (though still working on).

I believe this would have had a couple of benefits:

Helped me to recognise sooner when i was not being treated well by someone / employer and do somthing about it sooner to avoid mental stress and baggage

Made sure I didn't get cocky when things are going well as this can change very quickly and so would show more empathy / aid to those who are finding something challanging

Comment

• chriscrudelli
      chriscrudelli commented
      Editing a comment
      Confidence like this usually is earned only after falling down a few times. Fall 7 times get up 8 times.

I've had a lot of change in my life at times, ten years back would have been around the start of a new change, if I HD the chance I would probably reassure myself that I was absolutely on the right path. This would have saved me lot of anxiety. Around this time I had been training martial arts only a couple of years, although I loved it and took it seriously at times I forgot to enjoy it. I put pressure on myself to develop but didn't always put the in right. I would compare my progression with others. To focus on ones other development would be the advice I would give. Lastly I'd tell myself that not everything has to be a fight and have more trust in others.

Comment

• chriscrudelli
      chriscrudelli commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting! To have fight especially when young is not always a bad thing. But hindsight is always good

Comment

Working...
    X