Mental health gratitude exercise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mental health gratitude exercise

Please share an act of kindness that someone not known to you, directed to you, and what positive effect did it have on you that that person will never find out about?

One of my clients (and someone i do not know personally) took the time to do a handwritten thank you letter. She took the time and effort to explain what the couple of hours i spent with her had helped her achieve and what she liked about the service along with posting it at cost to herself.

This reminded me of how important my work can be (as i often don't see the end result) and how i can have either a very positive or negative impact on someones emotions just through how i behave.

This has spurred me on to be as compassionate as possible with every customer within my work regardless of how many calls I've had to take or if I'd had someone treat me badly on the call before

Comment

Oooooo this a good question,

I regularly give blood (once at least every 3 months).. No-one knows its from me - I am not looking for any gratitude or praise either (there is no point in showing off about these things). It just gives me great satisfaction that I have helped someone or some people who are obviously in dire need of it, and if I can play just a small part of them getting fit and healthy, then I am thinking job well done.

It has spurned me on to give blood a lot more and trying to encourage people to do the same as well.

Comment

• chriscrudelli
      chriscrudelli commented
      Editing a comment
      A simple, noble thing we can all do to help others
      Less fortunate than ourselves.

A simple act of kindness which comes to mind is someone taking the time to talk, even trivially.

Obviously before the lockdown and social isolation etc I can think of many times when i've really been cheered up after a random conversation with a stranger in the street or working at a shop counter.

A really simple thing which sometimes makes difference.

Comment

• chriscrudelli
      chriscrudelli commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the share any particular stick out in your mind?

• skinn
      skinn commented
      Editing a comment
      Would probably sound mundane if I described any but would say that my assumptions about strangers have been proven wrong a few times. In a positive way.

Comment

Comment

Working...
      X