X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bone broth recipe

Hi all,

I was looking for inspiration on this?

What have you tried / works well for you?

Originally posted by Ljgale View Post
    Hi all,

I was looking for inspiration on this?

What have you tried / works well for you?
    You are speaking my language, Ljgale! I make a bone broth every week for the family. It's not only good and good for you, but serves as a great lunch all week when most people feel time starved!

Simple bone broth recipe:
    Use chicken bones or beef bones, roasted is better.
    Cover with a fair amount of water and bring to a boil.
    Optionally you can add vegetables such as onion, garlic, celery or carrots.
    Reduce heat and simmer for at least 6 hours (up to 24 hours for chicken bones, 48 hours for beef) Remove any scum that rises to the top
    Enjoy over the next few days or freeze for later use.

Try it and let me know what you think!

Comment

Bone broth can help restore the lining of the gut, in addition to providing key nutrients, including amino acids, that aid in recovery of all kinds. This is especially important for the martial artist!

Comment

Thank you all, i shall certainly give it a go!

Comment

I just take the roast chicken from Sundays boil that up as as I've usually herbed the chicken when roasting then add carrots peas and sweetcorn. Pretty basic but very tasty. Sometimes I'll blend it up to a thick soupy consistency.

Comment

Sounds good osensie I. do find the chicken broth tastes better than the beef one. So if any of you have any different vegetable variations to make it taste better I am all ears
          Last edited by Mark Drake; 28-02-2020, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Drake View Post
            Sounds good Joel. I do find the chicken broth tastes better than the beef one. So if any of you have any different vegetable variations to make it taste better I am all ears
            I found this bit of information useful

Adding Too Much "Stuff"

According to Baraghani, a good bone broth doesn't need much more than bones and a few choice aromatics, like onions, garlic, and black pepper. "Don't even get me started on carrots," he says, which add sweetness. (We won't dock points if you choose to add them, however; a little sweet can help balance the deeply savory quality of bone broth). But ultimately, this is not the best place to dump all of your compost scraps. Keep the flavor focused and concentrated. Worried about it tasting "one-note"? Just roast the bones to build depth of flavor, and that won't be an issue.

Comment

Thanks Jackie.
              I need to make some more Bine Broth I think

Comment

Working...
              X