Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 health benefits

1. Cardiovascular Health

Meeting the physical activity guidelines of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention can be difficult. According to their research, only one in five adults actually meets their suggested amount of exercise. Cardiovascular health2. Muscle Tone

Students of martial arts can increase muscle mass and help them become more toned over all. Punching and kicking requires a lot of strength, demanding the muscles in your arms, legs, and core work hard. Muscle mass and metabolism are connected, as the more muscle mass you have, the higher your metabolic demands become. This means that your body will burn more calories, even while your body is at rest.

3. Weight Loss

As previously mentioned, improving your muscle mass and tone can help improve your metabolism, which can contribute to weight loss. Martial arts is a great form of exercise, especially if you practice two to three times each week. The CDC recommends at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity, each week (roughly 2 hours and 30 minutes).

4. Reflexes5. Mobility6. Strength and Power7. Flexibility

Executing such things as high kicks or dodging attacks requires a lot of flexibility8. Stability and Coordination

Every martial art requires its students to have good stability and coordination. When it comes to both executing moves and blocking or avoiding attacks, you need a certain amount of awareness and stability to succeed. With practice, you will quickly improve both qualities, particularly during sparring.

9. Blood Pressure

Most types of martial arts require rigorous training that contributes to improved fitness. One of the benefits of engaging in any martial arts practice is improved blood pressure. Especially during training, repetitive movements can behave like high intensity interval training. This type of training will improve your cardiovascular strength, slowing down your resting heart rate and lowering your blood pressure.

10. Mental Health

A number of studies have shown that exercise can help improve your mental health. Martial arts can help relieve you of your daily stressors and help you focus on your task at hand, providing you with the opportunity to get rid of distractions. Keeping active will also trigger your body to release endorphins, reducing the risks of premature death, Martial arts often comes with certain philosophies that help the students learn more about themselves, further promoting self-discipline, healthy competition, and goal-setting.

What are your reasons for practicing martial arts? Have you noticed changes in your physical and mental health since taking up martial arts?

1-9 are all great benefits I'll take. I have never been able to commit to gym work so definitely using martial arts training more to condition.

Mental calmness and strength is the main one for me though. Within my job, its very common for customers to try and emotionally manipulate me, as well as having to deal with the normal work politics.
    Also helps keep me strong and able to support my family when needed.

?

Comment

I think this is a great post! Maybe a good idea to get printed and put up in the dojo or post on your dojo web page/ FB page? Answers a lot of questions that are being asked by parents.

Comment

Working...
      X