Combining Arts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combining Arts

My first martial art was Judo and I still effectively combine the principles with my kung fu today.

If you could choose one other art, what do you think would best compliment what you do now?

Comment

I have just started this journey of cross training in Aikido and Kung Fu.

Many Aikido people have posted that it's beneficial to be trained in an art that has effective strikes so you understand more around the effective attacks out there.

So far i have also been happily surprised in how many concepts kung fu and Aikido can share.

Comment

It is common in traditional martial arts to forbid students to train in other arts (possibly the subject for another day) . I can understand this to a point, and if a student genuinely has a wider interest in the arts and wants to experience the wider world this can be hugely beneficial.
        I became interested in combatives a few years ago and had the opportunity to train with Sifu Crudelli. This was a big eye opener for me and has led me to experience more and more things . I think this has reinforced the practice in my 'mother art' rather than detract from it.

Comment

Working...
        X