Depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depression

The biggest problem with depression is ignorance. Most people who don't suffer from depression feel it is a question of will power or that you should just 'snap out of it' or 'man up'. Alternatively people who do suffer can feel it is a sign of weakness so they rarely seek help. Depression is NOT YOUR FAULT and no reason to feel ashamed. Do not feel embarrassed to seek treatment.
    martial arts or any exercise will help reduce some of the symptoms but without medical intervention you will not strike balance.

Comment

I can empathise having had chronic fatigue syndrome for 3 years a while ago. You feel like everything is dark, and it has always been that way and always will be. IT's quite scary like being swept along in a powerful negative current which never stops.
      I was lucky. I found a briliiant healer, Jan Oakley from Devon, who cured me in just 3 days wit hthe most amazing habit reprogramming therapy.
      It's not the same as depression, but a lot of people with CFS get prescribed anti-depressants. And what they may actually need is habit reset therapy.
      It's fascinating how your body and brain can get stuck in destructive habits (like being always "on") especially if you are a high achiever who never stops.
      Learning to control how you think, through visualisation andchanneling thoughts through certain pathways associated with memories of success and good health, can cure CFS/ ME in just 3 days.
      The NHS says it's bunk. I am living proof it isn't.
      I got my life back. I owe Jan several decades of thanks for her gift of technique and wisdom.
      I now manage 80 people in my video game business and work 60-70 hours a week happily, and stay in balance through t'ai chi and "joyful walks".

Comment

Originally posted by Osensei View Post
        The biggest problem with depression is ignorance. Most people who don't suffer from depression feel it is a question of will power or that you should just 'snap out of it' or 'man up'. Alternatively people who do suffer can feel it is a sign of weakness so they rarely seek help. Depression is NOT YOUR FAULT and no reason to feel ashamed. Do not feel embarrassed to seek treatment.
        martial arts or any exercise will help reduce some of the symptoms but without medical intervention you will not strike balance.
        Last edited by Jackie; 28-02-2020, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X