Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

“Turning the key” Finding the sweet spot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Turning the key” Finding the sweet spot.

What I’m referring to here is Training, in general Kung fu practice.
    whilst Training with Sifu Chris Crudelli he mentioned finding a certain point of practice were you turn the key..!
    i totally understood this having found it in many many occasions.
    its a point during practice normally quite intense were everything is flowing, energy, power, coordination etc.
    Almost an outer body experience.
    Training like this takes time to connect between yourself,And your practice, but once you hit the “ Sweet spot” stay there drilling for as long as you can.
    you will find, fitness,energy are not necessarily needed in this state of training....)
    I find this the greatest medicine you can take and best natural High for my mindset.
    so Basically practice until you find that point(you’ll know it) “Turn the Key”.....!!! & Drill the shit out of it.
    The Bi product of this greater Kung Fu confidence.
    if you can’t find ........We need a Training session together.

Rich??

This is great Rich, do others get this often? It’s the zone

Comment

Yes Sifu,
      Being in the Zone is a great place to be.
      Finding it during practice takes total focus and Training with an awareness of what your doing.
      As a Caveat I would add some great inspirational Training music Helps.....)

Comment

I believe I've had the aikido equivalent but not yet in kung fu as i still have to think about the techniques.

Any of the compass drills which would be particularly good to try and experience this for the first time?

Comment

Hey Linda,
          you already have 50% of the answer in yourself,
          as from your aikido you know the feeling and really this is what being in the “Zone” is. A Feeling..!
          I believe this can be achieved in every physical act not just Martial arts or sport etc.
          You will not always achieve this in every Training, practice session you do(could be down various reasons) which I wouldn’t worry about.
          but when you hit the sweet spot you will recognise it.
          ”Turn the Key” and go for it.
          If your looking for a possible Compass technique work to achieve this.
          Try this
          Warm up the body very well be sure to be moving at capacity,
          Not sure how far on are you with compass
          Crack straight into walking techniques
          flow into Set 1,2,3,4 one after each other,
          then back into walks and repeat...!!!
          keeping things intense & focused
          Don't chase the feeling...........Let it come to you
          if it does(remember it won’t every time)
          Stay there as long as and Drill Drill Drill.
          Good luck Linda
          Enjoy
          Rich??

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
            What I’m referring to here is Training, in general Kung fu practice.
            whilst Training with Sifu Chris Crudelli he mentioned finding a certain point of practice were you turn the key..!
            i totally understood this having found it in many many occasions.
            its a point during practice normally quite intense were everything is flowing, energy, power, coordination etc.
            Almost an outer body experience.
            Training like this takes time to connect between yourself,And your practice, but once you hit the “ Sweet spot” stay there drilling for as long as you can.
            you will find, fitness,energy are not necessarily needed in this state of training....)
            I find this the greatest medicine you can take and best natural High for my mindset.
            so Basically practice until you find that point(you’ll know it) “Turn the Key”.....!!! & Drill the shit out of it.
            The Bi product of this greater Kung Fu confidence.
            if you can’t find ........We need a Training session together.

Rich??
            Interesting points here Mr Mills

I have experienced this a few times over the years, especially when the intent etc is there and you go into the zone.
            It is also an altered state of consciousness, so in essence moving meditation ??

Comment

This reminded me of the following:

Comment

• Rich
                Rich commented
                Editing a comment
                The Flow state I like Paul???

Hey Mark,
              You are correct the intent has to be there, sometimes it just manifest itself during your practice.
              Also moving meditation reminds of a similar subconscious method I use.
              so when in meditation I try to concentrate on a particular Kung Fu set of moves say 30,40,50 moves, once I could meditate through all of the set with nothing else entering my mind I felt I was ready to Grade.
              ”Subconscious Training”..))
              Again I believe this all helps to reach the sweet spot of Training.
              EG, If practicing the particular set & let’s say we turn the wrong way, straight away your body would recognise this & immediately you would feel it..!!
              once you bring all these Techniques together you will reach “Zone” a lot more often.
              it a great place to be?
              Rich??

Comment

Working...
              X